Monday, July 27, 2009

Maternity Leave

Well, I am nearing the end of my maternity leave and am not sure how I feel about it. I am excited to be back into somewhat of a scheduled day, but will miss my little princess very much! She is finally getting a personality that is fun to giggle with and her bouts of crying at night have slowed in frequency and duration to the point of tolerance.

I can now tell when she cries what it is that she wants (most of the time). We have her on soy formula with daily packets of Probiotics and a treatment of Magnesium water. Also, we are going to the Chiropractor 2 times a week for now. Since we started the Chiropractor, she will actually lay on her back and sleep. She actually loves laying in her crib watching the mobile! Doesn't really care for her swing or playmat for more than 10 minutes at a time, but I'm hoping that will come with time.

Me, personally, I feel pretty good. Tired, but I have been told that will last until infinity now so I am not sure I can complain about that. I have been walking and trying to maintain my weight loss after Nora, but those darn cookies and ice cream keep calling my name!! One of these days it'll end and I will be able to lose even more weight. I think I am stressed out with packing, going back to work and having a newborn so I feel I can be off track for a little bit, right?

Our house is coming along very nicely! I am very excited to close on the 20th of August! Very excited to be out of the apartment living again and in our own home. It was very hard to sell my house 6 years ago and move back into apartment living. I have liked our apartment we are in because of it's nearly sound proof walls and flooring, but living on the 3rd floor and carrying the baby carseat to the car has proven to put much strain on my back and shoulders!

Well, I must go check on the princess! TTFN!

No comments: